Saturday, December 11, 2010

I once had a dream...

...and that dream was impeded. After continuing on with that dream for a small while I realized the futility, even if I wouldn't admit it to myself immediately.

I like what groundspeak offers for the iPhone. Their geocaching app is very usable. It's got all sorts of cool stuff in it.

Largely it's for the most part not what I would want. It's overkill.

Groundspeak has a problem in that many geocachers are pretty hardcore. They want hardcore features. They are loud about what they want. And... well, I don't. I'm not.

I want to be able to go grab a cache on a whim. I want to just DO geocaching without having to have a ton of prep time or management time.

So that's what I'm shooting for with this iPhone app. No big fuss, maybe a bit more limited than some, but super simple and easy to use, but powerful enough to get the job done.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment