I've done a lot of work with images, both icons and the compass view. I don't know that I'm done, but I would feel "ok" with someone using what I have now.
So, things that are done:
- target coordinates are auto-saving. Should have been doing this from day 1 with Geopher Lite, as part of the model. That's now corrected, no overhead there outside the model.
- New compass should be more readable. Not in love with it, but looks better than the other.
- Added the map view. Usable, based on the map view in Geopher Lite. It still can do odd things when you swap away and back to the map screen.
- Added in an experimental view that shows you a list of caches in a "test.loc" file. This will be expanded later to parse and import GPX data. This is done through iTunes file sharing and later, through accepting files that are sent to the app from places like email or safari web downloads.
- Added a no-lock feature to the compass screen so the phone/pad won't go to sleep if you're on the compass screen.
- Most recent find results are now cached and it will use that cache if you are offline.
- the Map probably doesn't work (at all) if you are offline.
Much easier to illustrate this with screenshots. Keep in mind that the "SavedCaches" is test-stage functionality, it will look much better later.